In 2015, 10 km southwest of Tbilisi, a landslide resulted into the collapse of the road body (Tskneti – Samadlo Roadway) on the areas 340 and 35 m long.
The specialists had a task to develop the complex project solutions on ground protection on the parts of the roadway under reconstruction.
The problem solution required:
- flattening the slope upper part and extraction of the landslide debris;
- fastening the eroding edge of the rock mass by means of nails and installation of the rope cover system;
- installation of flexible rockfall barriers above the protected area.
The project documentation included the following:
- inspection of the destroyed road sections;
- engineering and geotechnical research;
- modeling the latent processes which can develop after a landslide;
- complex ground protection project for the reconstruction and improvement of the destroyed road sections;
- the project on landslide hazard slopes strengthening;
- the project on the additional nail strengthening of landslide hazard areas located above the curb level.
In course of construction the following solutions were implemented:
- nail strengthening of the soil mass under the concrete groundwork foundation and higher (to prevent its further displacement);
- construction of the concrete foundation based on GEOIZOL-MP root piles;
- assembling the reinforced earth embankment with front precast concrete units;
- nail strengthening of landslide hazard areas located above the curb level using the 2D-Geo system.
Customer: CAUCASUS ROAD PROJECT Ltd